About the Program
Investments in the Feature Film Program are meant for films that have appeal foremost to Canadian children, youth, and families. Investment decisions will be based on creative quality, the values and benefits that a program will provide to its target audience, and the strength of the plan for success.
Applications are evaluated on the following:
- Quality and originality of its creative content;
- Authentic reflection of equity, diversity and inclusion;
- Potential audience impact, which includes the audience reach;
- Strength of the Audience Development Plan;
- Cross-cultural and linguistic representation, including of official language minority communities.
- The plan for success, which identifies what success means for the feature film and provides a strategy for success, including any brand strategies or sales and revenue potential.
Full application requirements can be found in the Guidelines below.
2023/2024 Application Deadline:
October 11, 2023
(There will only be one Feature Film Program deadline for the 2023/24 Fiscal Year)
Follow these steps to apply
Download the Guidelines to ensure your program is eligible
Go to the Rocket Fund Self-ID Portal and have Shareholders of the production company, Producers, Directors and Writers complete the Self-ID Questionnaire to receive a Self-ID Number for your application form
Download the Feature Film Program Checklist
Use the Success Strategy Guide to build your Success Strategy.
Start the Online Application Form
View our FAQs for any remaining Questions.