Content Canada and Shaw Rocket Fund announced today the schedule for the inaugural Rocket Forum, launching virtually at this year’s Content Canada Digital Summit, from September 21 – 23, 2021.
The curated program, which is being offered free of charge for attendees, will present a dynamic combination of pre-recorded and live sessions, buyers’ briefings, roundtables and professional development workshops to examine the state of the children’s media sector in Canada.
Session topics will include:
- Kids Content Platforms
- Social Issues Impacting Kids Content
- Gamifying Linear Content
- New Technology
- The exclusive presentation of Dubit’s Rocket Fund research on Canadian Kids’ Media Habits
The audience will also be able to watch a number of live briefings, including:, Wildbrain, Kidoodle.TV, TVO and eOne Kids; and engage in interactive live roundtables on topics such as: Funding Kids Content, the Rocket Report, and Kids Content for Underrepresented Audiences.
Featured speakers will include:
- Rick Clodfelter, Disney Branded Television
- Adina Pitt, WarnerMedia Kids & Family
- Olivier Dumont, eOne Kids
- Anne Loi, WildBrain
- David Kleeman, Dubit
- Adam Woodgate, Dubit
- Marie McCann, CBC Kids
- Joan Jenkinson, Black Screen Office
- Natalie Osborne, 9 Story Media Group
- Joan Lambur, Lambur Productions
- Shabnam Rezaei, Big Bad Boo Studios
- Steve Couture, Epic Worlds
- J.J. Johnson, Sinking Ship Entertainment
- Raja Khanna, Dark Slope
- Marney Malabar, TVO
To see the full schedule and many more exciting speakers, click here.
“The inaugural Rocket Forum will feature many topics that are important to those interested and working in the children’s media industry,” said Agnes Augustin, Shaw Rocket Fund President & CEO. “We are thrilled about the Forum’s knowledgeable and experienced speakers who will share their views on where Canada fits on the world stage today and its importance to the future of children’s content.”
To keep up with all the news and updates about the upcoming Rocket Forum, register for free at www.contentcanada.net.